ACTIVITIES - JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Solid Waste Management Services Team Leader - Sri Lanka and Maldives Ocean Plastics Reduction Activity
October 28, 2022
RTI is seeking a Solid Waste Management (SWM) Services Team Leader for the recently awarded USAID Sri Lanka & Maldives Ocean Plastics Reduction Activity. The SWM Services Team Lead will lead activities that professionalize, improve and expand SWM for local, small-scale and private sector service providers, with a focus on reducing plastics available to the environment.
This position will be based in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and report to the Deputy Chief of Party - Sri Lanka.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Objective 2 activities to professionalize, improve and expand SWM in Sri Lanka; oversee Objective 2 activities in the Maldives.
- Develop pilot and other programs to create demand for lower-value waste.
- Lead the design and delivery of SWM technical assistance and capacity building activities that strengthen a variety of local government, private sector and informal organizations.
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness of public fund utilization and access to private funds for SWM, including overseeing activities that
- structure private sector engagement and partnerships to further expand and/or strengthen SWM and plastics recycling services.
- Prepare effective monitoring and management of service delivery performance with appropriate tools and systems and in coordination with relevant government agencies, associations, and stakeholders.
- Ensure gender equality and social inclusion are mainstreamed throughout all SWM and Plastics Recycling activities.
- Support implementation of a learning approach for the program, including identifying operational priorities and best practices/lessons and windows of opportunity to improve or scale as needed.
- Ensure timely achievement of program activities in adherence to annual work plan and budget.
- Provide technical writing support to and review key program deliverables and reports.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of experience, Master's degree and 6 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five years of professional experience supporting technical, operational and financial service delivery strengthening, with a preference for experience supporting local government service delivery in Sri Lanka.
- Prior work experience in solid waste management, experience supporting informal workers preferred.
- Familiarity with the Sri Lanka government budget cycle and local government budget development, experience with securing private sector investment and financing preferred.
- Experience in supervision or management of solid waste including engagement with stakeholders (private and public), infrastructure development, and other related activities is desirable.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Fluency in English and Sinhala or Tamil required.
- Ability to travel and work throughout Sri Lanka; ability to travel to the Maldives, as requested.
Click here to apply