October 28, 2022
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is looking for highly motivated professionals to join its Head Quarters in Colombo Sri Lanka as a Project Coordinator.
The Project Coordinator will perform a coordinating role for the CGIAR ClimBeR initiative and other projects in the Water Risks to Development and Resilience (WRDR) research group. They will forge an enabling environment among project team members, implementation partners, and key stakeholders for timely delivery of the project outputs.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to preparing accurate and timely reports on the CGIAR ClimBeR program and selected projects of WRDR to support informed decision making and ensure consistency across information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to promote effective collaboration, monitor the ongoing progress of the ClimBeR program, and highlight potential risks to program delivery.
- Help to identify, develop, and manage potential partnerships that support collaborative working, to enhance the ClimBeR program and selected projects of WRDR.
- Facilitate regular virtual and physical meetings with the project team and implementing partners for effective coordination and planning.
- Responsible for all financial, operational, logistical, procurement, and accounting processes of the project.
- Track project portfolios, outputs, progress-reporting updates, and overall project progress, including deliverables, and provide administrative support to the Team Leader to ensure that agreed timelines are adhered to.
- Assist the WRDR RGL and ClimBeR WP4 Lead in the different areas of the project management life cycle to be undertaken across multiple geographies.
- Coordinate stakeholder engagement arrangements for the ClimBeR WP4 Project Leader as and when necessary.
- Contribute to project portfolio growth by maintaining databases (detailing contacts, interns, consultants, events and projects).
- Maintain and monitor project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organize, attend, and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Document and follow up on necessary actions and decisions from meetings.
- Help to coordinate presentation materials among the team members.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Create a project-management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Develop and coordinate data-gathering and monitoring systems to maintain rigorous quality standards.
- Assist in coordinating partnerships with government and international development partner agencies involved with water resource development and climate change adaptation in the African and Asian regions.
- Ensure that enquiries and correspondence to the Project Leader are responded to in an appropriate and timely manner.
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, a cover letter that addresses IWMI's requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed for the position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through 24:00 (IST) on October 31, 2022 (Monday).
Please click here to apply