NEWRI Environmental Master of Science (NEMS) programme
October 13, 2010
Applications for the MS June 2011 intake open now and close on 30 November 2010. Applicants with good bachelor degrees or students in their final-year of undergraduate studies in engineering/science, are invited to apply for admission to the NEWRI Environmental Master of Science (NEMS) programme. It is conducted by Nanyang Technological University’s School of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI) with summer attachment at Stanford University.
1. The Master’s programme is a 12-month fulltime course. Students commence the programme by attending a full summer term in June at Stanford University taking regular courses. They return to NTU at end of August for another 2 semesters to take further coursework and a project at NEWRI (www.ntu.edu.sg/NEWRI), a premier research establishment at NTU which is making Singapore a global hub of environmental science and technology. NEWRI pulls together NTU’s water and environment-related institutes under one body and provides excellent research opportunities for students enrolled in the NEMS programme.
2. Full or partial scholarships are available to applicants with good honours degree from any nationality.
3. Applicants need to attach the GRE (General Test) and TOEFL/IELTS scores to the application. [The tests can be taken after admission offer.]
4. Applicants are required to undergo an interview by a faculty representative. There is no need for online application and no fee is charged for submitting the application.
5. On completing the course, students will receive the Master’s degree from NTU, and an attendance certificate from Stanford University.
6. Interested applicants should download the full application forms from the website: www.ntu.edu.sg/cee/nems.
7. Mail/courier the completed forms and supporting documents to the NEMS Programme office by the deadline to be eligible for an interview appointment.
8. The full application forms and supporting documents should be submitted to the NEMS Programme office before 30 November 2010.
Interview shall be scheduled in the major cities overseas in December or January. Interested applicants are advised to send in their applications early so as not to miss the interview schedule. For enquiry, please email to: email@example.com.