New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
May 18, 2015
New Zealand Government: PhD Degree
Deadline: 15 July 2015
Study in: New Zealand
Course starts 2016
The NZIDRS, funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand, provides scholarships for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university.
AUT University, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato, Victoria University of Wellington.
Field(s) of study:
PhD Degree in any discipline offered by participating Universities in New Zealand
Number of Scholarships:
International students except students from Australia or Fiji
The NZIDRS covers University tuition fees and associated student levies for 3 years, an annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 or NZ$2083.33 per month for 36 months, and medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually for 3 years.
You must meet ALL five eligibility criteria. These criteria are non-negotiable.
- You can be a citizen of any country except New Zealand, Australia or Fiji
- You must hold a minimum equivalent GPA of 3.6/4.0 OR an A to A+ average or in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You must meet the requirements for direct entry into a PhD programme at a New Zealand University :this includes having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
- If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 15 January 2015
Applying for the NZIDRS and applying to study at a New Zealand university are two completely separate processes. You need to have begun the application process at a New Zealand university, and must provide evidence of this in order to complete an NZIDRS application.
To apply for the scholarship, you must download and complete the NZIDRS 2015 application form and submit it together with the required documents to Education New Zealand before 15 July 2015.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT APPLY for the NZIDRS if you do not meet ALL eligibility criteria, if you cannot provide ALL required documents by the deadline, or if your proposed research does not clearly align with the selection criteria.
It is important to read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions and visit the official website (link found below) to download the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.enz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs