Fall 2016 Asia Pacific Leadership Program Fellowship in Honolulu, Hawai’i
January 25, 2016
Deadline: March 1, 2016
The East-West Center is currently inviting applications for the 2016-2017 Asia Pacific Leadership Program Fellowship (APLP). The APLP seeks outstanding individuals from all walks of life (government, business, NGOs, health sciences, media, monastic orders, and education) to participate in an innovative leadership development program at the East-West Center in Honolulu, Hawai’i.
All participants receive a fellowship valued at approximately $13,000 USD to cover a majority of the program costs.
The APLP is a nine-month program.
- All citizenships are welcome to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree – applicants must have at least a 3-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. College or University or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. Equivalency is determined by the University of Hawai’i.
- Anyone who meets the minimum criteria is eligible to apply.
- There are no age restrictions in the APLP. In fact, the APLP has had participants as old as 52 years of age.
- The APLP Fellowship is intended for any individual with a deep interest in leadership training and promoting peace and prosperity in the Asia Pacific region – regardless of citizenship, age or ethnicity.
- Professional work experience and achievement.
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms.
- International experience and aptitude, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure.
- Volunteer and community service experience.
- Asia Pacific engagement: evidence of interest in and knowledge of the region, as well as commitment to its future prosperity. This might include employment in the region, classes taken at University, languages spoken, memberships and fellowships, specific projects, field studies, and areas of research interest.
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups.
- Applicants must download the application from through the website.
- The following documents must be submitted to the East-West Center to be considered for the Asia Pacific Leadership Program.
- Asia Pacific:
- Leadership Program Application form (2 pages)
- Cover Letter
- Essay (maximum 500 words – see application form for essay questions)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Optional: Request for Supplementary Scholarships Beyond the EWC Entrance Fellowship
- Official Transcript for the highest degree obtained (in envelope sealed by the school)
- Two (2) Letters of Reference (in envelopes sealed by the Reference author)
Application forms are available separately below:
- Application checklist [PDF]
- Application Form [PDF] [form-fillable DOC]
- Letter of Reference Form [PDF] [form-fillable DOC]
- Request for Supplementary Scholarships [PDF] [form-fillable DOC]