DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
May 17, 2015
DAAD: Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: Aug-Oct 2015 (annual)
Study in: Germany
Next course starts 2016
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provides scholarships in Germany for international students for a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies.
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Field(s) of Study:
The scholarship are towards eligible development-related courses. See the list of eligible postgraduate courses for 2016/2017.
Number of Scholarships:
International students from developing countries (on the DAC List of the OECD)
Full and partial DAAD scholarships are available.
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old
- For courses in German: DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A2 or B1 are highly recommended
- For courses in English: IELTS (Band 6) certiÔ¨Ā cate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based).
Please also see if you meet the eligibility requirements of the programme you are applying to.
Applications must be made directly to the respective course except for Cameroon and Nigeria where applications must be submitted via the German Embassy. Please refer to the respective websites of the Universities for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. Deadline varies depending on the course/university but is usually around August-October 2015.
It is important to visit the official website to access the application form and for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website:http://www.daad.de/entwicklung/studierende_und_alumni/bildung_postgradual/ast/08492.en.html
Related Scholarships: List of Scholarships in Germany for International Students