Call for Applications: Become one of the next IWRA World Water Envoys
October 13, 2022
The International Water Resources Association (IWRA) is pleased to announce that the call for applications is now open for the World Water Envoys Programme. The selected representatives will have the opportunity to showcase the difficult water issues they and their communities face, and the solutions they are exploring when it comes to balancing water needs of humans and nature during the XVIII World Water Congress in Beijing, China, September 11-15, 2023.
We would like to hear stories from youth and young professional representatives at the World Water Congress. In that regard, we invite people aged 18-35 from across the globe who are passionate about water resource management, to share their stories and work as they embark on their careers. IWRA especially encourages applications from developing countries, women and underrepresented groups.
To apply, candidates have to submit the following:
- A video recording of up to 2 minutes made on a phone or laptop introducing the conflicting water needs of humans and nature in their community, explaining what the problem is, how it is impacting their community, and what solutions have been found or are being explored so far.
- One high-resolution headshot of yourself with a clear background.
- One high-resolution digital photo that best illustrates the impact of conflicting water needs of humans and nature in their community and/or the attempted solution. The candidate should be the author of the photo.
- A completed application form, that includes all requested information, as well as consent for IWRA to use any submitted images.
- The candidates should be between 18 and 35 years old and be able to talk about their situation in public and in English. It does not matter where the candidates come from, but their community must have conflicting water needs for both humans and nature, and they must be pursuing or have achieved a solution to harmonise these.
- All items must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st of October 2022.
If you want to know more about the competition, please click here