Fellowship: Virtual Course on Sustainable Water Management
July 14, 2015
The virtual course on ‘Sustainable Water Management - Part I: Principles and Concepts for a Water Management Framework’ will take place from 1 September to November 13, 2015.
The objective of this course is to ‘Strengthen capacities and update key technical concepts and principles in support of sustainable water management’.
By the end of the course participants are expected to:
- Understand the main concepts and principles behind sustainable water management;
- Understand the need for effective changes and have access to elements for strategic development;
- Understand the relevance of transversal aspects as human rights based approaches, water integrity, and gender mainstreaming, for implementation in a water governance framework;
- Have access to updated quality materials in support of specific subject areas for sustainable water management.
The course embraces the concept of problem based learning and change management, oriented to understanding and implementing drivers and strategies for sustainable water management.
The course is open to a maximum of 40 participants representing various stakeholder groups from the entire water sector world-wide:
- Capacity developers;
- Stakeholders and professionals involved in water management;
- Decision makers, policy makers, and high-level professionals and managers active in governmental bodies.
As this is an introductory course, participants are not expected to have previous knowledge on water management.
The course will be conducted in English. Cap-Net´s virtual courses will be available in other languages soon.
d) Contents and Course Structure
The course is structured by modules. Each module will run in over 10 days (1.5 weeks), during which course participants must read a basic contents and participate in suggested activities.
e) Registration/Application Procedure (IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
There will be no course fee. However participants will be selected by the organizing committees based on gender, professional background, and geographic balance, as well as their motivation and commitment to participate throughout the entire course.
Interested participants must complete the online registration form and submit the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Sustainable Water Management virtual course registration”, before Friday, August 28, 2015. Due to overwhelming responses, only selected participants will be contacted via email.
1) Required.A 1-page profile, describing: educational and professional background; experience in water resources management, water capacity development, or decision making; participation in networks and/or alliances; any other relevant information related to the course subject.
2) Required. A 1-page motivation and commitment letter: explaining your interest in participating in the course; availability to dedicate at least 4 hours per week during the course duration and participate in the course activities; and your expectations in terms how will you apply and share the acquired contents in your field of work and with your colleagues.
3) Optional. A 1-page letter of institutional support: through which the institution where you work expresses interest in your participation in the course; explains why this will be an important training for you and the institution.
Full brochure in pdf can also be downloaded here.