6th International Course on Flood Mitigation and Stormwater Management 2015
April 14, 2015
Greetings from the Secretariat!
We are pleased to inform you that the Department Of Irrigation and Drainage Malaysia is organising the 6th International Course on Flood Mitigation and Stormwater Management from 17-28 August, 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. DID Malaysia is inviting its partner networks, to submit candidates for it to select for participation in the course.
- The expenses for participation at the workshop (airfare, accommodation and per diem) for the successful candidate/s will be paid by the Department of Irrigation and Drainage Malaysia.
- The selected candidate/s is/are expected to have a commitment to contribute to the dissemination of the knowledge gained from the course by working with the CKNet-Ina Secretariat to organise and conduct similar course/workshop in Indonesia.
- Please submit the following documents to CKNet-Ina Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com , if you are interested to be a candidate for the above course before 7 May, 2015. Any application submitted after 7 May 2015 WILL NOT be considered.
- Your resume/CV (In English),
- A short essay "motivation letter" (one max two pages in English) highlighting how the training will be useful to you in your work, and youorganisation, and your commitment to work with CKNet to organise similar course to disseminate the knowledge gained from the training in Indonesia upon your return from Malaysia.
The following is a brief extract from the workshop flyer for your information.
To enable the participant to understand the concept of the flood mitigation and stormwater management and current knowledge and technology in runoff quantity & quality control and erosion control.
- Flood Forecasting And Warning System In Malaysia
- Flood Forecasting Model
- Operational Flood Forecasting And Warning System
- River Management And Restoration In Malaysia – Clean Living And Vibrant River
- Integrated River Basin Management (IRBM) And River Basin Information System
- Flood Hazard Map
- Planning And Design Of Flood Mitigation Measures
- Urban Stormwater Management In Malaysia (MSMA)
- Erosion And Sediment Control (ESC) & Best Management Practices
- Case Study – River Of Life
- Site Visit
QUALIFICATION OF APPLICANT
- Engineers with more than 5 years experience from local authorities or engineering organizations in such countries.
- To be from government agencies and institution related to flood management and stormwater management.
- To have undergone tertiary education of at least post school certificate or basic university education
- Have a good command of spoken and written English.
- To be certified medically fit to participate in the course.
- Below 45 years age.
- Only applicants from CKNet-Ina members who have completed the administrative requirement as member of CKNet-Ina will be considered.
Please note that CKNet-Ina secretariat only make a pre-selection and forward the short listed candidates to the secretariat of the course in Malaysia, who will decide on the final nomination of the candidates.