The deadline for the first session is 9 October 2011 and the deadline for the second session is 29 January 2012
New vacancies at the from www.my-water-career.com are the following positions:
- Dwr Cymru Welsh Water - Laboratory Staff
- Masdar Institute of Science and Technology - Full Professors, Associate Professors, and Assistant Professors
- Vienna University of Technology - Professor of Water Quality Management
- Opus - Senior Environmental Consultant
- AMEC - Water Quality Specialist
- AWT Water - Intermediate and Senior Network Engineers / Modellers
IHE Indonesia/CKNet-Ina received a grant from the DGIS - UNESCO-IHE Programmatic Cooperation Fund and CapNet/UNDP for the development of an Educational Module on Integrated Flood Management Part II. The module aims to increase awareness and understanding of flood managers and decision makers by providing the concept of Integrated Flood Management, particularly non-structural measures, probabilistic design and flood disaster management.
There's a new Funding Opportunity: Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Research (PEER) Program.The PEER program now accepting proposals from developing country researchers interested in collaborating with their U.S. counterparts. Deadline is November 30, 2011.
This special issue seeks to explore the opportunities and hazards brought by this growing private sector interest in water policy and the dazzling array of new tools for water management which accompanies it. It responds to an absence of rigorous questioning and transparency, to open the range of bilateral and multilateral corporate initiatives, public-private and private-NGO partnerships to greater scrutiny and debate.
(1) International applicants are exempted from 300,000 yen of enrollment fee.
(2) Tuition of 535,800 yen (per year) will be exempted.
(3) 240,000 yen per year as a SSP Scholarship upon application.
(4) Up to 960,000 yen per year for working as a research assistant.
(5) 200,000 yen for travel and initial living costs. (given only to applicants who are living outside Japan at the time of application)
The submitted documents will carefully be examined as the first screening. Only successful applicants will then be examined by an interview and a written exam. The interview and the written exam will be held at a place that will separately be appointed. Application Deadline: September 20, 2011
Masters and Doctoral Award for the Applicants of Developing Countries and Canada offered by International Development Research Centre in Canada.
Study Subject(s):Climate Change and Water
Course Level:Masters, Doctoral
Scholarship Provider: International Development Research Centre
Scholarship can be taken at: Canadian or developing-country university
Eligibility:To be eligible for an award, applicants must meet the following criteria.
Call Module development::Hydraulic Structures and Capacity Building Need Assessment for CKNet-INA Member
The Network Secretariat is preparing a proposal for two small projects from the Unesco IHE;
- Training module development of Hydraulic Structure Design, following a fundamental approach, including Probabalistic Design Methodologies; and
- Capacity Building Needs Assessment Tools/instrument for use to identify capacity gaps and decide upon the method of capacity building strategies.
Deadline for the submission is 15 July 2011, 17.00 WIB
UNDP Cap-Net is inviting proposals for a Network Attachment to assist with Monitoring and Evaluation. The network may solicit and support more than one attachment application but one will be selected based on the TORs. Final decisions will be made after consultation with the network managers and a telephone interview with the candidate. This is a good opportunity for young professionals within your network to learn, become more active and visible, and open up opportunities for collaboration with other networks. It would be appreciate to receive proposals not later than 14 July.
Duty station: Pretoria, South Africa
Compensation:US$ 1,200 per month, accommodation and insurance coverage
Duration and timing:3 months to be served between August and November 2011
Checklist for applications: CV ,Motivation letter,Work plan,addressing network priorities,
Support letter from a network manager
Application deadline:14 July 2011
The aim is to get qualified Ph.D Holder candidates to fill vacancies as a Professor / an Associate Professor / a Senior Lecturer at Universiti Malaysia Pahang, as advertised in Kompas Daily Newspaper on 5 June 2011, page 37.
We appreciate if you can help us to spread this program location to identify candidates who are interested to apply for the position and attend to the interview.
CV & relevant certificates can be e-mail directly to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and any enquires please do no hesitate to contact us at +609,549 2522 / 2573 / 2648 / 2504